Os definition, os meaning
os (plural ossa)
- (medicine) Bone.
- Usage note: Only used by doctors and surgeons when practising. Not used by medical laymen.
2 letters in word "os": O S.
Anagrams of os:
More info about os >
- a mouth or mouthlike opening osmium: a hard brittle blue-grey or blue-black metallic element that is one of the platinum metals; the heaviest metal known operating system: (computer science) software that controls the execution of computer programs and may provide various services oculus sinister: the left eye bone: rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- Operating System. The foundation software of a machine; that which schedules tasks, allocates storage, and presents a default interface to the user between applications. ...
- Abbreviation for Off Screen, denoting that the speaker is not resident within the scene.
- This is the software that manages a computer system. Windows 95 is an OS.
- Short for Operating System. Typically refers to a type of computer operating system. For example, Windows, Mac, Unix, and Linux are each examples of an OS.
- Operating System: historically, the minimal set of software needed to manage a device's hardware capability and share it between application programs. ...
- Official Service - Official Use
- Surgery of the mouth.
- Office of the Secretary
- The national mapping agency of Great Britain. Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland (OSNI) and Ordnance Survey of Ireland (OSI) also exist.
- A computer program that manages the hardware and software resources of a computer.
- The master program that controls the computer. Two popular ones are Windows and Mac OS.
- the mouth and its parts.
- software (programs and data) that initiates the interaction of the electronic and electromechanical components of a computer so that they constitute a useful system for carrying out calculations; a set of instructions that tells a computer how to work. ...
- Optical Spectrography. Once the only means of analysing trace-elements but each element emits such an array of spectra in the visible light range, that interfences and overlap are not only common but almost universal.
- Operating System, eg Windows NT/2000, UNIX, Solaris and MacOS
- interface between the application (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.) and the computer hardware
- Orthopedic Surgeon; Also: Orthopedic Specialist; a Medical Doctor (MD) whose specialty is muscles, joints and ligaments. More @ Wikipedia
- The software that runs the computer. Microsoft makes several version of the OS that runs on PCs - Windows XP Professional (our recommendation), Windows XP Home, Windows Vista. Apple makes OS X (pronounced OS Ten) aka Tiger (10.4) and the soon to be released Leopard (10.5).
- The Operating System is the program(s) that manages the operations of a computer. It works with the user, the software, and the hardware. Windows is the most common operating system today.
- The layer of software in a computer-based device that directly drives the computing hardware. The operating system manages memory, input and output devices, and computing resources. Middleware requires an underlying operating system in order to run on a set-top box..
- Operating System, a supervisory program such as Windows in a computer that is running all the time and which schedules and allocates resources for other programs that are started, executed, and stopped depending on what the user wishes to do.
- OS refers to an "Operating System" for instance, Microsoft's Windows, Linux, Unix, MacOSX, OS/2.
- Software that controls a computer. An OS controls how system resources are used and provides a user interface, a way of managing hardware and software and ways to work with files.
- OS stands for Operating System. This is the software that allows you to interact with your computer and that keeps track of files, peripherals, programs, networks, etc.
- OFF SCREEN or OFF CAMERA. A character talks, or something happens out of view of the camera.
- Palm Os Palm Pre: Put Work & Life Together W/ Ease Available Now From Sprint!See your message here
- O.S. Engines Home Page The First Choice for Quality, Durability and · Cached pageOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaOS may refer to: O.S. Engines, a Japanese manufacturer of model aircraft engines; Ocean Science, an Oceanographic Journal published by the European Geosciences /wiki/OS · Cached pageMaps of Britain from Ordnance Survey - buy paper maps and GIS dataMaps - OS Explorer and OS Landranger Map, OS OpenData, OS OpenSpace, OS MasterMap - buy, licence or download them from Great Britain's mapping /oswebsite · Cached pageOs - definition of Os by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and ...Disclaimer All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes /os · Cached page//os: Definition from n. , pl. , o·ra ( ôr ' ə, ōr ' ə ). A mouth or an opening. [Latin ōs , mouth.] os 2 ( ŏs ) n. , pl. , os·sa ( ŏs ' ə ). A bone. [Latin, bone.] os 3 ( ōs ) n. , pl /topic/os · Cached pageOs - definition of Os in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online ...OS [L.] o´culus sinis´ter (left eye). Os osmium. os (os) pl. o´ra [L.] 1. any body orifice. 2. the mouth. os pl. os´sa [L.] bone. Os. The symbol for the element osmium.medical-/os · Cached pageThe Linux Home Page at Linux OnlineComprehensive information and resources about the Linux Operating Mac OS: Information from (MAC intosh O perating S ystem) The operating system used in Apple's Macintosh line of personal computers and servers. Since the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984, the Mac /topic/mac-os · Cached pageOSNews is Exploring the Future of ComputingToday, the Genode OS Framework has seen another feature-rich release, introducing support for hardware-accelerated graphics by the means of Gallium3D, wireless networking via the · Cached pageos - Definition of os at Origin: Swed ås, ridge, pl. åsar < ON āss < IE base * omso-, shoulder > Gr ōmos, L umerus, /os · Cached pageApple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - The world’s most advanced OSTo advance Mac OS X Leopard, Apple engineers went deep into the code to streamline, secure, and add new core /macosx · Cached pageOs definition of Os in the Free Online Encyclopedia.Os, symbol for the element osmium osmium, metallic chemical element; symbol Os; at. no. 76; at. wt. 190.2; m.p. 3,045±30°C;; b.p. 5,027±100°C;; sp. gr. 22.57 at 20°C ...encyclopedia2/OS · Cached pageOS - What does OS stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free ...Acronym Definition; OS: Operating System: OS: Oh Shoot (polite form) OS: Oculus Sinister (Latin: Left Eye) OS: Open Source: OS: Overseas: OS: Omaha Steaks (meat company)/OS · Cached pageOs - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster DictionaryDefinition of os from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.www.merriam-/dictionary/os · Cached pageO.S. Airplane Engines | 88RAirplane /engines/airplane.html · Cached pageos - WiktionaryBone · A mouth; an opening. In particular, either end of the cervix, internal (to the uterus) or external (to the /wiki/os · Cached page15.1. os — Miscellaneous operating system interfaces — Python v2.7 ...15.1. os — Miscellaneous operating system interfaces ¶ This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality. If you just want to read or write a /library/os.html · Cached pageTech Tips, News and Tribal KnowledgeThis post is Part I of a two part post investigating the significance of the recent exploit involving the W32.stuxnet trojan. Part I – Background of SCADA and the Stuxnet · Cached pageOS SYSTEMS - The Drysuit PeopleOS Systems, Inc. The Drysuit People. Providing the finest in affordable drysuits and drysuit accessories to diving and watersports enthusiasts and · Cached pageLearn more about Operating systemAn operating system (OS) is the software on a computer that manages the way different programs use its hardware, and regulates the ways that a user controls the computer. Operating Systems is also a field of study within Applied Computer Science. ...Source: FreebaseImages of os Related Searches for os
- Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia